Built in about 1941 by the Great Northern Railway’s St. Cloud shops, it is typical of G.N.’s tongue and groove siding, 30-foot cabooses. Most were made with wood tongue-and-groove strips; some were made with plywood. The final cars were all steel. IERHS purchased the caboose, at the time painted B.N. green and numbered B.N. 11242, and moved it to the fairgrounds. It is restored to a G.N. 1940s color scheme.