Built by Pullman as a Solarium-Observation car for the Great Northern’s 1929 Empire Builder, it was named to honor G.N. founder Cyrus H. Jenks. It was rebuilt in the G.N. shops in the 1950s as a semi-streamlined baggage car. The upper half was rebuilt to conform to the lines of the 1947 and 1950 Empire Builder trains. The lower half is as it was in 1929 with riveted construction and six-wheel trucks.