1901 Electric Locomotive, Great Falls Smelter Railway #L-451

Built in June, 191-, by Baldwin-Westinghouse for the Great Falls Smelter Railway, owned by Anaconda, it was one of many locomotives obtained by scrapper Maurice Weissman of Great Falls when the smelter closed. This is a 45 ton, 500 volt DC electric locomotive that drew power from a third rail. Donated by Mr. Weissman, it has been painted to simulate the electric switch engine that saw service on the Inland Empire System in Spokane.